KB Photo Gallery

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oct. 24, 2014

10-24-14
          


KB News



Lead 21 –Literacy: Around Me Unit theme “What can I find out about the world around me?”  This week we focused on the question, “How can I use my senses to observe science?”

Science: We have been talking about Honeybees and Spiders.

Math: In math this week we talked about “Symmetry in Nature”.  We made leaf rubbings so we could see how both sides are exactly the same.

Handwriting: We worked on writing the lower case letters h, k and i.  The children reviewed how to write the letters f, b, and l.

Writing: We read the story titled I Love My Hair by Natasha Tarpley. We then drew and labeled pictures of ourselves and identified what we love about our bodies. The pictures were then shared with the class.

Important Dates:  
Oct. 29 – Report Cards sent home
Oct. 31  - KB Halloween/Fall Party 2:25 to 3:10
The children will not be dressing up in costumes this year.  Please do not send costumes to school with your child. The students will be rotating through fun stations during the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment